- Registering for a course incurs a $150 non refundable registration fee – regardless of whether you actually start the course. Please do not register unless you are committed to join the course. This fee is deducted from course tuition.
- In the unlikely event that we do not offer the course you have chosen, for example – if the course fails
to reach minimum registration or if the course is has reached maximum capacity then the $150 will be refunded.
- When you complete your enrolment at the start of each academic year, you accept responsibility for paying your tuition fees in full and other related course costs such as software purchase etc.
- Tuition must be set up before the start of the course.
- No refunds will be made after the second week of class. However, if there is only the minimum number of participants in the course, or if we refused other students as the course was full then no refunds are available once the course has started.
- There are no refunds offered for self-paced courses once you have logged in and received access to the course regardless if payment is being made in instalments or as a one payment.
- Withdrawal from a course, (up to the second week of class) must be made in writing explaining the reason for withdrawal. If Design Alive does not receive withdrawal in writing, the student forfeits his/ her right to a refund.
- If, for any reason, the student chooses to leave the course at any point during the year after the second week of classes, the full tuition is due and there is no entitlement to a reimbursement of funds.
- Design Alive does not guarantee the times and dates of the course will be as exactly as planned; scheduling changes may be made before or during the course with agreement of the majority of course attendees.
- Design Alive reserves the right to adjust course fees before the course has started, and all prices will be reflected in the current prospectus.
- In the event of any disagreement, all matters will be decided by a Beis Din (Jewish Court).
- Since all students are learning in their own location, not in the presence of a teacher, only registered students may be present in the room where the course is taking place. Under the terms of agreement of the course it is understood that the only the person registered will be allowed to view the class. It is forbidden for other people to be present during classes.
- No student may reveal their student name and password or allow anyone else access to the online school. We reserve the right to limit access to the online school if any student is in breach of this. All class recordings, classwork and homework assignments are the property of Design Alive. No materials may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, transferred, sold, used to create derivative works, performed, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including,
but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Design Alive.
- All downloads (recordings and assignment material) must be deleted from your computer within 6 months of completing the course and may not be shown or given to anyone else.
By registering for the live classes you agree to the following:
- You are obligated to attend all classes. Should you require being absent, you must notify your teacher ahead of class. You must catch up on the class material by listening to the class recordings before the next class. Students may not email questions to the instructor/tutor until they have watched the recording for the class they missed and completed the appropriate homework assignments.
- Some parts of the program are very intense, so if you miss classes on a regular basis, you may not fully understand the course and this may result in failing the course.
- If need to step out of class for whatever reason, you must exit the audio conference (not the class) and also chat the teacher to let her know that you will be leaving. The teacher will then know not to direct a question to you or try not to review your work until you return. If you miss your review then the teacher will not be obligated to review your work again and you will have to listen to the review via the recording.
- If you leave the session with no intention of returning then you must log out of class and let the teacher know that you are leaving. (Teachers often stay on after class thinking that a student has remained in class to ask a question only to realise the student is logged in but is not there.)
- If your work is being reviewed you must turn your webcam on. No excuses technical or otherwise. Webex can help sort out most tech issues.
- All students must ensure their microphones and speakers (or headsets) are working at all times.
- No babies may be seated on student’s laps during class… nor may kids be present in the room… as it disturbs both your concentration and your fellow students should you need to speak during class.
- All work that needs to be reviewed during class must be received or uploaded prior to the start of the class. Work that is sent during class may not be reviewed unless specifically asked for by the teacher.
- Homeworks are not optional but obligatory. They are assigned to allow you to practice and review what was done in class. Failure to do homework often results in insufficient practice and a lack of understanding of topics that can greatly impact your knowledge and performance. If a teacher sees that homework are not completed, she may refuse to answer questions on that topic if she feels it is the lack of homework practice that has results in not understanding.
- Most courses require a decent time commitment outside class times. If you are unsure about the intensity of the projected workload please contact the Design Alive office for advice.
- Any student who does not complete her final project in compliance with the project deadline at the end of the course, may have to make a private paid arrangement with the teacher to get feedback and grading after the class/course. The teacher is not obligated to provide unlimited or prolonged support for course projects.
Deadlines for self paced courses from start date are as follows:
- Computer Graphics: 12 months
- Graphic Design & Portfolio: 18 months
- Fastrack Computer Graphics: 9 months
- Fastrack Graphic Design: 9 months
- Motion Graphics: 18 months
- AutoCad: 12 months
- Revit: 12 months
- All live classes have a fixed deadline decided by the teacher. Extenuating circumstances that require an extension need to be discussed with the teacher and if necessary with the Design Alive office.